The Statement I chose is that Hip hop is a creative art form and a form of expression. The reason I chose this because, the statement is right. When people use hip hop, and rap they express what they feel in the songs. The quote that closely relates to this message is the one by Dr. James Peterson, Hip hops scholar. And he said that"The culture or the energy that came from that was a very improvisational energy, a very sort of reclaiming energy that young folks, through dance, through rapping, and deejayin and so on and so forth, that is how the culture took hold. It was a willed response to systematic violence in the community. And when I say"violence" I mean like destroying homes...imagine someone puttin a highway through your neighborhood-then you can understand hip hop."
Monday, February 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment